I'll admit I'm absolutely terrified at the idea of not buying books at all. This is an incomprehensible idea to me - I've always bought books! I counted, and at the moment, my TBR stands at around 190 books. And we just moved house, and I gave a load that I thought I'd never get round to reading to the charity shop. I dread to think what it would have been before... I think this will be good for me....
In other news, I'm very annoyed with my lack of access to the internet. Currently we don't have it in our house, so I'm using my (amazing) phone, as a kind of mini computer, but unfortunately, while it allows me to make changes to some things on my blog, it doesn't let me put up new posts or anything quite that sophisticated. So for that I have to come to the library, which I can only do on days I'm not working, and then only for an hour a day... so it's difficult to slot regular posts in, which is very frustrating, as I'm now getting really behind on reviews I've posted compared to what I've actually read!
Things I read in January (with links to reviews):
- Dream Angus by Alexander McCall Smith (for my myth challenge)
- Freaky Friday by Mary Rogers (Gilmore Girls challenge)
- Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffeneger
- Mini Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella
- Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi (for the Graphic Novels Challenge)
- The Love Verb by Jane Green
- The Red Queen by Philippa Gregory (for the Historical Fiction challenge)
- V for Vendetta by Alan Moore (for the Graphic Novels Challenge)
- The Growing Summer by Noel Streatfeild (for my Noel Streatfeild challenge - haven't posted the review yet!)