Saturday 22 October 2011

Readathon - I'm finally here!!

Hey everyone, it's hour NINE of the 24 hour readathon, and I am finally able to actually just sit down and read!! This may be the only post I will be able to put up for the duration, as my internet, as some of you will know, is ridiculously temperamental. Please come see me on Twitter (@fairybookgirl) where I will be tweeting my progress via my phone. Since the start time, I've actually read about 50 pages of The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender, and I'm aiming to finish it at some point very soon. 


I know (and knew before I signed up) that my participation in this awesome event will be nowhere near as total as I would like it to be, however I'm hoping to use this experience as a learning process for the next one! Very late, here's my introductory meme so everyone knows some stuff about me!


1)Where are you reading from today? Broadstairs, Kent, UK
2)Three random facts about me…1) i don't like coffee 2) I just bought a really bright patchwork rug 3) this is my first readathon!
3)How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours? a very ambitious 8...
4)Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)? nope, just to do at least a few hours of uninterrupted reading (believe me, not easy in my house!)

If I don't manage to post again, I will be tweeting, I will be commenting, and I will be updating the books I've read on the readathon website, so see you there! :-)

9 comments:

  1. I'll visit you on twitter too, but wanted to drop by and post a little cheer for you here, just in case! Hope you're having a fantastic time now that you get to read!

    (To the tune of "Rawhide")

    Readin’ Readin’ Readin’
    Keep those pages turnin’
    Your page count it’s a growin’
    It’s all about the Readin’
    Read-a-thon!

    So glad you could join us today!

    Shaunie from team CocoaPuffs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for joining!! Good luck with your reading tonight, Bex!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first read a thon you do is always the best! Read read read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How are you enjoying The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake? I read it last month and look forward to hearing your thoughts. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two thumbs down for Temperamental internet. Two thumbs up for your reading, yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you have a great first read-a-thon! Be careful...they are addictive. This is my fourth. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy reading! Hope you get some good books done today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely a case of better late than never. Glad you could join us! (I was a shade late myself.)

    You don't like coffee?! *sputter* But then, two of the people I hold in highest regard don't like coffee and I don't don't count it against them. I guess you're okay. ;)

    ReplyDelete