Just as a kind of by-the-way, we had the 20 week scan today, and all is well. Also, baby was being very modest, but they're fairly sure it's a boy! :-)
Here's what I got:
- Winnie the Pooh: The Complete Collection of Stories and Poems by A.A Milne - on 'loan' from my little sister (aged almost 17 :-p), who wants it back once the baby outgrows it. I don't blame her really, it's gorgeous and illustrated and has pretty much everything Hundred Acre Wood related in it.
- Old Bear Stories by Jane Hissey - I had entirely forgotten about Old Bear until my other sister found this under a pile of books we were rummaging through at the fair. There used to be a TV series as well. Brilliant.
- In the Night Kitchen by Maurice Sendak - when I heard about his death a little while back, it was another one of those situations where I suddenly realised that he had written a huge amount more than just Where the Wild Things Are, which is what I knew him for, so I managed to get hold of this on Readitswapit. Reading it, I realised that I have actually read it before, and it's incredibly weird, but in a good way, I think...
- In Wibbly's Garden by Mick Inkpen - WIBBLY PIG!! that is all.
- Noah's Ark by Lucy Cousins - a board book my mum found in amongst her piles of sheet music. Also the only book I currently posses which is actually suitable for a small baby.