Wednesday 9 April 2014

Let the Swallows and Amazons Readathon Commence!

Too many years ago, when I joined The Classics Club I put the entire series of Swallows and Amazons on my list. As a child I was obsessed with Swallows and Amazons and wanted nothing more than to sail off to an island in the middle of a lake and leave my parents behind, and because of this I decided I couldn't possibly start reading the series without owning it, so I've been collecting from second hand bookshops and charity shops pretty much constantly for the past two years, and finally, finally I have nearly the whole series. 

I say nearly, because Peter Duck has been completely eluding me. I bought it for my sister in a charity shop a while ago, convinced it wouldn't be too hard to find another copy for myself. I was wrong, and I still don't have it, but I'm just going to borrow her copy, because the weather is nice and I'm teaching Benjamin about nature and it feels like the right time to start reading. I don't want to wait anymore! Anyway, here's my collection:


I've been reading Swallows and Amazons already this morning and I still love it. I don't think I've actually ever read most of the rest, although I do have a very vague memory of Missee Lee, so it should be fun and hopefully get me back into blogging a bit more regularly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment