Sunday 5 June 2016

Currently: Mini Breaks, Book Swaps & Ridiculous Weather

I haven't done a Currently weekly wrap up post for a really long time, but there's quite a lot going on at the moment and I thought it would be nice to get my head round everything and tell all of you about it all at the same time,s o here goes!

Reading Most importantly, of course! I'm in the middle of several things. I signed up for 20 Books of Summer this week and I predictably then kicked June off by reading two books that weren't on that list! I started and finished Remix by Non Pratt in one day. It's a pretty enjoyable YA about two girls and a music festival and was a fun, quick read. I'm also reading The Road to Middlemarch by Rebecca Mead which has been hovering around my wishlist for a while and then picked up last weekend on a trip to Bath. It's all about (shocker) George Eliot and Middlemarch and is really interesting so far. I'm also reading and loving The Interestings by Meg Wolitzer which is a little bit Secret History-esque kind of story about a group of people who became friends as teenagers and then what happens to them as their lives go on.


Blogging Loads actually! Besides my list for 20 Books of Summer I also posted about the Middlemarch readalong I'm hosting later this month, and a list of my Top Ten Persephone Titles as inpsiration for people thinking about signing up for the Persephone Book Swap!



Loving We spent last weekend on a last minute mini break in Wiltshire. We stayed in a hotel by the canal in Devizes and over three days we did a little recon trip to Bath ahead of the bookshop crawl, visited Stonehenge, Salisbury, and Caen Hill Locks, a system of 29 locks going down a massive hill. Super beautiful countryside and it was just really nice to have a few days away from everything to actually spend time together - ordinarily what with work and taking care of the boys Rhys and I get one day together a week, if that so having a few days with nothing to do but explore and eat out and sleep was awesome.

Me and Rhys, taken by Ben (age 3) all on his own!
Anticipating I'm super excited about both of the Summer Mini Ninja Book Swaps. We're running one specifically for Persephone Books and one for normal wishlists. You just send one book and say hi and it's going to be really fun! I love Persephone's titles and am really excited to find out what my person will pick from my shortlist. We're also seeing Book of Mormon in a couple of weeks as my sister bought me tickets for my birthday and I am so excited! Oh, plus I get to go book shopping in London with Laura that weekend too, which is always great.

Exercising I'm back into the running this week and training hard(ish) for Race for Life. It's been really difficult to stay motivated, but I'm finding listening to audiobook memoirs is really helping - I just started Felicia Day's You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost) and it's hilarious and really helps distract me from the pain and inability to breathe. Laura and I are running it together in July and would super appreciate any motivation in the form of sponsorship you can give me. It's for Cancer Research, and any amount no matter how small will help.

So I'm sure I've missed some stuff, but that was mostly my week! How was yours? Are you doing Ninja Swap?

1 comment:

  1. Awwww, look at all my mentions! I'm writing my Sunday post and have fully mentioned you about 3 times already tooooo <3 haha.

    I am so impressed by Ben's photo taking skills and can I come to stonehenge with you next time pleeeeease? I have never been and it just kills me, man.

    ReplyDelete