Thursday 8 September 2016

TBR Inspiration #4

This TBR Inspiration post is based on my massive and enduring love for Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi, the graphic novel that opened my eyes to the existence of non-fantasy graphic novels and also began my love with reading about other countries - it's indirectly responsible for my love of Reading Lolita in Tehran which I did a TBR Inspiration post on a while ago.

In case you're not aware, Persepolis is Satrapi's graphic memoir of growing up in Iran during the cultural revolution and it's intense, important and hilarious all at once. It remains to this day one of the best memoirs I've ever read, in any format!



The Complete Maus by Art Spiegelman




Blankets by Craig Thompson


David Boring by Daniel Clowes


Summer Blonde by Adrian Tomine




Asterios Polyp by David Mazzuccheli


The Photographer by Emmanuel Guibert


Epileptic by David B


Fun Home by Alison Bechdel


Reality Hunger: A Manifesto by David Shields


Twilight of the Superheroes by Deborah Eisner


From Hell by Alan Moore


300 by Frank Miller


Nemesis by Mark Millar


La Perdida by Jessica Abel


Tamara Drew by Posy Simmonds


Literary Life by Posy Simmonds



I read Maus, Fun Home and Blankets directly as a result of making this list and they're all super excellent and highly recommended - titles link to my reviews! I also saw the movie of Tamara Drew which was really fun. 

Have you read any of these?

No comments:

Post a Comment