Saturday 3 September 2016

The (Third) Biggest Thing I've Ever Done


Things have been a little inconsistent around the blog the last little while, and while that's partly due to the crazy awesome that was organising and going on the Bath Bookshop Crawl it was also due to this little (massive) thing I've been planning for a while now. 

A few months ago I came up with the idea of launching a UK based book box featuring titles published by independent publishers, because when I looked around there's a whole host of brilliant YA book boxes, but most of the non-YA ones are based in the US which makes shipping really expensive for me, so me being me I thought why not just make my own? Obviously I pitched the idea to twitter and several people were excited enough to make me think I should seriously pursue the idea which I have been doing, and now here we are!

Although I have some money to invest I need help to fully fund the project so I decided to try a Kickstarter. I launched it yesterday and it runs until October 2nd. The goal is pretty high so I would really appreciate any help you can give, be it financial, spreading the word on social media, or just through telling your real life friends about it! There are some pretty excellent rewards for supporters, so please do go check it out.

I don't think I can overstate how excited I am about this box. I plan each one to be a really brilliant and immersive experience with gifts based around a theme drawn from the book which will be useful, quirky and generally excellent, and additional material in the form of reading recommendations, discount codes, obscure facts and other loveliness, plus the book which will be one I've read and loved myself. I've been discovering some excellent titles myself and am really looking forward to sharing them with everyone. In case you haven't seen, the aim of the box is to branch outside of the YA genre that boxes like Fairyloot and Illumicrate already cater so excellently to here in the UK and provide books from a mix of genres including mystery, graphic novels, science fiction, historical and others.  

I really can't overstate how excited I am about this. I do a lot of stuff based on my love of books but this is the first time I've ever tried to turn the thing I love into part of my actual job and I'm both ecstatic and terrified. I've very publicly launched this Kickstarter now and if I fall on my face in terms of lack of funding it will be very obvious to everyone, but if you don't take any risks in life you never get anywhere, right? 

Taking a deep breath and moving forward.... Loving you all for any support you can show, financial or non. 

Once again, the kickstarter link is here. Moneys won't be taken until the project is funded on October 2nd, so if we don't hit target you don't pay! 


No comments:

Post a Comment